15 amazing factors you should know before choosing freelancing as a career.
A Freelancer is a self-employed individual who chooses to work for themselves and chooses not to exclusively associate with one company.
In a couple of years Freelancing as a career has gained more popularity in the whole world. Especially in this COVID situation when communication in person is dangerous to health, a Freelancing career would be a good option by profession.
If you have decided to take Freelancing as a career, the following factors must help you a lot.
- The first advantage of freelancing is the ability to choose the clients they work with. They also have the ability to work with many clients or only a few select clients. When you work for someone else, you may get stuck with unprofessional or rude clients. When you are a freelancer and you have a problem with the client, you can politely dump them and wish them the best.
- Another most amazing benefit of freelancing is the ability to choose your own working hours. You can work as much or as little as you want. As a freelancer, you can actually work during your most productive hours without the destruction of a full-time job like meetings, office politics, etc.
- As a freelancer, you can choose your work environment. You can work wherever you want, in a local coffee shop, in a park, at a library, in your home, or even while you are on a vacation. Find a place in which you work best. You are no longer stuck in an office.
- Just having the freedom to wear something you are comfortable in is a bonus. So, no more formal suits.
- With such control over jobs and clients, freelancers have the flexibility that most people dream of.
- Freelancing means independence. You are not only free from the 9 to 5 work life, you also have the ability to work alone, especially, where you’re most comfortable to do so.
- If you choose to freelance as a career, you will be the Ultimate Boss. You no longer have to answer to anyone but your clients and yourself. No one is hanging over you or micromanaging you. You keep all the profits from your large and small projects and clients. This gives you the freedom to then use that money to improve yourself and expand your business.
- Freelancers pay lower taxes than other professionals. In Bangladesh, freelancing is tax-free. In western countries like the USA, federal and state taxes are not withheld from the paycheck of freelancers. They pay the IRS directly four times per year , including the self-employed tax in place of social security. They also have access to tax deductions like office, travel, meal, and internet expenses.
- Because of flexible schedules, freelancers have an incredible work-life balance.
- Studies have found that freelancers are Happier and Healthier, both mentally and physically than other professionals.
- Freelancing opens up the ability to work on a variety of projects and topics. This variety can help them to create an exciting and less boring environment of work.
- The first disadvantage of freelancing is unstable and inconsistent workload and income.Projects can begin and then get shelved. Clients may end a contract early. You may finish a project and find it difficult to find more work. For the most part, you won’t be able to depend on any regular project, client, or profit, whereas you would know the exact pay you’ll receive at a traditional job.
- Like other reguler corporate jobs, freelancers have no employer benefits like health insurance, after retirement benefits,travel and tour benefits,etc.Since freelancers are self-employed, they are typically responsible for finding and funding their own benefits.
- In freelancing the total responsibility of your business is upon you.You’re in charge of business development, getting clients, managing your clients, billing and collecting payments, and paying taxes. You need to be a master of all tasks.But everyone is not prepared and able to do multi-tasking at a time.
- Some freelancers can be socially cut-off as this at least begins as a lonely job. But hey, these problems can also be easily dealt with by setting up payment terms in advance and scouring for work to increase projects in the pipeline.
Freelancing comes with its own set of pros and cons. However, it is completely up to you whether you perceive these points as positive or negative.
Freelancing means professional freedom, but it also means instability and the risk of failure. But if you risk your stability for something more in tune with your professional goals than a traditional job, you have the opportunity to build your name and reputation and reach your professional goals.
Under this recent Pandemic situation, the economy of the whole world is getting down. As a result, many companies choose freelancers rather than corporate officials to cut down their costs.
Freelancing is a growing sector nowadays. So, if you choose Freelancing as a career, all you need is discipline and a set routine, and be prepared to hustle for work and stand out in the work to ensure returning clients.
The most typical Freelancing jobs include blogging, vlogging, SEO, content writing, Graphic design, Web development, Digital Marketing, etc.
You can choose one or more than one, as your profession. But before entering this world of Freelancing, you need to get a proper idea and guide for your subject. The best way is to take an online course which is really convenient for beginners.
# In Bangladesh, “ eftc online’’ is one of the best online freelancing training academies which provide courses for beginners to show step by step freelancing with a proven formula to find the highest paying online freelance job. They give the best at a lower price. So… why are you waiting for? Just go and grab the opportunity!